Following Jesus is THE greatest adventure in your life. Being like Christ fills many voids and greatest of all, it gives you the greatest purpose of all. There are many challenges you will face during your walk with God that will put your faith to the ultimate test. A church family is a God given resource to help get you back on track and lift you up. There is nothing like a family to help you get through the trials of life.
Our family at South Cobb is made up of many people from many different backgrounds. None of our members are perfect, but we all know Jesus came to this earth for the purpose of saving us from our imperfections and sin. We invite anyone that is looking for a family to come, visit with us and get to know us and know the one for whom we stand.
If you would like to join our family, we ask that you place membership with us. We do not treat membership as a club but more of a way for you to identify that you want to work with us as we follow Jesus.
South Cobb Church of Christ welcomes, as a member, any person who has become a Christian, by . . .
- Hearing the Gospel. “How shall they call on him whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe him whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?” (Romans 10:14).
- Believing in Christ “And without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him” (Hebrews 11:6).
- Repenting of past sins. “The times of ignorance therefore God overlooked; but now he commandeth men that they should all everywhere repent” (Acts 17:30).
- Confesses Jesus as Lord. “Behold here is water; What doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, if thou believeth with all thy heart thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God” (Acts 8:36-37).
- Be baptized (immersed) for the remission of sins. “And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38).
- Lives a faithful Christian life. “Ye are an elect race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, that ye may show forth the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9).
If you desire to become a part of a local church that desires to encourage its members to live like Jesus’ disciples, and if you desire to be in a family of believers, seeking to make it to heaven, then come visit with us and check us out. We look forward to seeing you soon.
No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
1 John 4:12